- Boys 11-13
Looking for a place to stay? Radisson Hotels Americas and Radisson Rewards Americas have you covered. As the official Hotel Partner and Hotel Loyalty Rewards Partner of the HJGT, we are pleased to offer you an exclusive discounted rate at our events and for any of your travel needs. See below for Host Hotel details for this event, and don’t forget to sign up for Radisson Rewards Americas to start earning points now!
CLICK HERE to find the closest Radisson Hotels Americas to this event and save today!
The 2021 HJGT National Championship is the marquee event of the year and one of the biggest events in junior golf. Players must qualify to gain entry into the event. This event will feature top players from around the world and has 14 years of prior history of strong competition. The event is expected to sell out well before the deadline so we encourage you to sign up as soon as you have qualified. Once the field is full there will be no more additional spots left. Below is how you can qualify for this specific event.
*Players that have placed 1st-6th in any event in the 2020 or 2021 season. Players in the Top 5 of the 2020 and 2021 Mid-Season Invitational, any the 2020 and 2021 Regional Invitationals, or the 2020 National Championship. Players in the Top 150 in the 2021 points standings as of Sept. 30, 2021.
There will be NO CADDIES ALLOWED for the following National Championship Events:
- Tournament of Champions (Boys 16-18)
- National Championship Boys 16-18 (2nd-5th Places)
- National Championship Boys 16-18 (6th-10th Places)
- Tournament of Champions (Boys 14-15)
- National Championship (Boys 14-15)
- National Championship (Girls 14-18)
- National Championship (Boys 11-13)
Traveling to an Event and Want to Pack Light?
Rent a pull cart today and let us bring it for you.
Players will receive BagBoy's EXCLUSIVE Quad XL pushcart for only $39 per weekend.
Once the pushcart has been rented, our operations staff will have it ready for you on the first tee. Carts are rented on a first come first serve basis.
* ONLY 10 Carts Available for each event *
Already registered for the event? Click HERE to rent one today!
*Excluding all California, Arizona, and Connecticut Events*
- Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS)
- Winners in each division will receive an invitation to the Dec.4-5, 2021 & 2022 Tournament of Champions. Second through Fifth place finishers will receive an invitation to the Dec. 4-5, 2021 & 2022 National Championships.
- Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which includes ALL HJGT Teams and opportunity to meet your division ambassador
- Top 3 in each division will receive an invitation to the 2021 Mid-Season Invitational.
- Global Junior Golf Rankings
HJGT Scorecard Policy
When the HJGT provides mobile scoring devices, players must use these devices for scores to be officially submitted and count towards HJGT rankings and points. When mobile scoring devices are used, no paper scorecards will be used or submitted. When you are provided a mobile scoring device, please ensure it is returned in the same condition you received it.
The USGA rules will govern all play. If between the group, a ruling cannot be established and there is no rules official in the vicinity, we ask you play two balls and a ruling will be administered in the scoring tent. Competitors must announce to your marker or fellow competitor that you intend to play two balls and which ball you wish to count if the rules permit. Please do not sign scorecards until a ruling has been made official.
Tie breakers for first place only will be decided by a sudden death 1-hole playoff. The sudden death playoff will continue until we have a champion. If weather or darkness prevents the tour from completing the playoff Co-Champions will be awarded.
*NEW* Spectator/Caddie Code of Conduct & Player Code of Conduct
Distance Measuring Devices
The HJGT allows devices that measure distance only. Devices that measure wind and/or slope are not allowed.
The HJGT will offer families discounts that have two or more junior golfers. Participants who register one player at the current member registration rate will be eligible to register their sibling for $25 OFF the current member registration rate. In order to receive this discount BOTH players MUST be members and you MUST call the HJGT office and sign up both players at the same time. This rate is not available online and cannot be adjusted once the regular rate has been charged. Sibling rate cannot be combined with any other offers, for only Open events.
Rainouts and Inclement Weather
The HJGT will make every effort to play an event to the conclusion. We will continue play in wet weather and cold weather unless lightning or severe weather is in the near forecast. In the event the participants need to evacuate the course, tournament officials and the host facility will sound an air horn. Once the air horn is blown you must discontinue all play. Wherever your ball lies, please mark it and we will make every effort to continue play. If an event is shortened due to rain there will be no refunds or credits issued.
In the event a stipulated round is canceled due to inclement weather, the HJGT will make every effort to post a score for that particular day. 9 hole increments will be used for shortened rounds. An entire age division must be through at least the same 9 holes for the score to post for that day otherwise no scores will be posted. If a stipulated round is completed by some groups and not others, the round WILL be official for those that finished the appropriate number of holes. No credits or refunds will be issued for shortened events.
In the event that NO golf is played and the ENTIRE event is canceled, HJGT accounts will be credited in full for the event *minus a $50 administration fee. The credit will be in the player’s account to use for entry into a future HJGT event.
Refund/Account Credit/Transfer Policy
The HJGT has a NO REFUND POLICY on any and all Memberships and Event Registrations purchased. The following Tour Credit policy has been issued for ALL Event Registrations. Before withdrawing from a tournament please review our policies. All WD requests must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Your email will be returned within 48 hours. In the email please include the player’s name, reason for WD, and which option below you would like to choose. Please note that WD’s cannot be accepted over the phone and must be in writing. No exceptions will be made for any reason.
- Requests for Tour Credit/Transfers that are received prior to 13 days before the first round will be honored for the full entry fee paid.
- Requests for Tour Credit/Transfers that are received between 12 – 7 days before the first round will be honored minus 50% of the entry fee paid.
- No credits or transfers will be issued if a participant cancels their entry 6 days or less prior to the first round. No exceptions will be made and no Tour Credits will be given.
* If you withdraw and receive Tour Credit, and then decide to enter back into the event you withdrew from, you must pay whatever the current registration price is at the time you re-register for the event.
HJGT Withdrawal Policy
Due to the 2021 Junior Golf Scoreboard policies and the rise in number of withdraws in junior golf, the HJGT has instituted the following withdrawal policy. Once the player has decided to withdraw he or she must report to the tournament director. If a player fails to report to the tournament staff prior to withdrawing, their WD will be considered unjustified.
An unjustified withdrawal is a situation where a player is clearly withdrawing due to poor play or lack of ambition. An
unjustified withdrawal also includes withdrawing for any reason without notifying the tournament director. The HJGT takes unjustified withdrawals very seriously and will not be tolerated. An NC (No Card) or NS (No Show) will be issued next to the player’s name in the tournament results based on the situation. Once a player has accumulated two unjustified withdrawals, his or her membership will be suspended for the rest of the calendar year.
Did Not Start, No Show, Withdrawal, No Card, and Disqualification Policies:
There are no more Justified Withdrawals. The junior golf community and rankings are no longer accepting JWD as a tournament designation.
Did Not Start – Not submitted for rankings (DNS):
If a player does not hit the first shot of the tournament for any reason, it will be recorded as a Did Not Start (DNS) and will not submitted for the rankings.
No Show – Submitted for Rankings (NS):
If a player begins a tournament and completes one or more rounds, signs a scorecard, and does not show up for a subsequent tee time without contacting an official, it will be recorded as a No Show (NS) and all official round scores for the event will be submitted for rankings.
Withdrawal – Submitted for Rankings (WD):
If a player begins a tournament and notifies an official they will not be finishing the event, it will be recorded as a Withdrawal (WD) and all official round scores for the event will be submitted for rankings at the discretion of the tournament committee.
No Card – Submitted for Rankings (NC):
If a player begins the tournament, and for any reason fails to turn in a signed scorecard for a completed round, it will be recorded as a No Card (NC) and all official round scores for the event will be submitted for the rankings.
Disqualification – Submitted for Rankings (DQ):
If a player tees it up and commits a USGA Rules infraction during the course of play or unintentionally fails to sign a scorecard before leaving the scoring area it will be recorded as a Disqualification (DQ) and all official round scores will be submitted for the rankings.
Tournament Registration Deadlines
Deadlines to register for all events are 10 days before the 1st round. A lot of HJGT events fill up before the deadline so we always encourage players to register as soon as possible to ensure you get into the field. In the event the field is not full 10 days before the 1st round, the HJGT may allow late addition players after the deadline. This is solely at the discretion of the HJGT staff and the HJGT reserves the right to add any player after the deadline.
The official time will be maintained at the starting tee(s) only.
Caddies and Pull Carts
Pull carts are allowed in all age divisions. Motorized pull carts are not allowed at any event. Boys 10 and under and Girls 13 and under can use caddies at ALL HJGT events.
A “caddie” is one who assists the player in accordance with the Rules, which may include carrying (transporting) or handling the player’s club during play. Along with the use of caddies comes the following strict guidelines and polices that all players and caddies will be held to.
- Caddies will be allowed to transport the player’s clubs and equipment.
- Caddies will be allowed to search for a player’s golf ball
- Caddies will be allowed to clean a player’s golf ball
- Caddies will be able to give players advice (Pace of Play Policy will be enforced)
- Caddies will be allowed to use motorized carts.
- Caddies will be allowed to transport a player only when shuttle holes have been designated on the Notice to Competitors, during evacuation/restart or back to a previous spot in order play in accordance with Rule 20-5 and then back to where the player was picked up.
*Caddies must have an official HJGT Caddie Bib at every tournament. To purchase yours today CLICK HERE.
Penalty for breach of the Transportation Condition is:
- Two strokes for each hole at which the breach occurred; maximum penalty per round is four strokes.
- Once the player’s tees off on his or her first hole the player may not gain a caddie during the round. A caddie must be designated prior to the first tee shot.
- Players are not allowed to switch caddies during the play of a round.
Caddies ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:·
Deliberately stand on or close to the extended line of play behind a player while the player is taking his or her stance until the stroke is made, get involved in ANY RULINGS, transport players when not authorized, use personal cell phones during the round.
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour has the authority to eliminate or modify this policy at any time.
Breach of Policies and or rules by caddies·
1st Offense = Warning from an HJGT official
2nd Offense = Caddie will be removed from the golf courseIf a player can receive a penalty for a breach of a Rule then the same breach by their caddie will cause the player to receive the same penalty.
What is Variable Member Pricing
Members will receive the lowest discounted registration price for each event. Variable member pricing will start as low as $129 for select events, and will always be $75 less than non-member pricing. Member pricing will vary per event and will change at any time. The earlier that you sign up for an event, the bigger the discount that you will receive.
- All spectators should follow players from a distance (at least 25 yards) and stay in the rough or on the cart paths. Spectators should NOT be in the fairways.
- Always stay to the side of the action and remain calm and quiet.
- Please keep up with your group. Move forward to the putting green when all shots have been completed.
- Spectators must never be on the putting surface and should observe the putting green from a reasonable distance that will not interfere with the competitors.
- Looking for Balls – As a spectator please help spot balls for all participants. This is a practice that helps our pace of play and is highly encouraged by all spectators. Please keep in mind the five minute rule.
The HJGT Spectator/Caddie Code of Conduct has been instituted to ensure an enjoyable event for each and every individual attending the tournament. All HJGT spectators and caddies are required to abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the tour.
ANY SPECTATOR OR CADDIE FOUND TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT RUN THE RISK OF BEING IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FROM THE HOST FACILITY AS WELL AS HAVING THEIR PLAYER’S MEMEBERSHIP SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY
- The HJGT will not tolerate poor behavior at the host facility
- All spectators and caddies are expected to carry themselves as ladies and gentlemen at all times.
- Any spectator or caddie exhibiting negative behavior directed towards other spectators, caddies, players, course staff, or HJGT staff will be subject to IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE HOST FACILITY
- Any spectator found to be disrespecting the host facility in any way, will be subject to IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE HOST FACILITY.
- Any spectator or caddie that we find to be swearing, yelling, or exhibiting any kind of disruptive behavior will be subject to IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE HOST FACILITY.
Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco
- The HJGT does not allow the use of any illegal substances.
- Any use of any illegal substances will result in immediate removal of the spectator or caddie from the host facility and possible suspension from the HJGT.
- The HJGT does not allow excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Any spectator that appears to be visibly drunk or is behaving belligerently due to alcohol consumption will be removed from the host facility without warning and will face possible suspension.
- Any caddie found to be consuming alcohol will be immediately relieved of his/her caddying duties as well as being IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FROM THE HOST FACILITY.
- The HJGT does not allow the use of tobacco by caddies.
- Any use of tobacco by caddies will not be permitted at any HJGT event.
Code of conduct violation penalties
The HJGT Tournament Committee, based on severity and frequency of the violation(s), may do one or more of the following:
- Issue a warning.
- Remove the spectator from the host facility and ban them for the remainder of the event.
- Depending on the severity of the violation, a spectator is also subject to possible suspension from future events for either a set number of events or indefinitely as well as their players membership being suspended indefinitely.
The HJGT reserves the right to ban a spectator from any/or all events at their discretion, for a serious breach of the HJGT Code of Conduct. A spectator’s violation of this code of conduct is not limited to the current round but may include repeated offenses from tournament to tournament.
Any appeal must be made in writing to the HJGT Tournament Committee at 16349 Phil Ritson Way, Winter Garden, FL 34787. Appeals must be made within two weeks of the occurrence.
The current Rules of the United States Golf Association and the R&A govern play.
Complete text of Rules may be found in the current “Rules of Golf” and “Committee Procedures.” Disregard Local Rules printed on club scorecards or posted at the course. Unless otherwise noted, the penalty for breach of a Local Rule is:
- Match play -- Loss of hole
- Stroke play -- Two strokes
OUT OF BOUNDS:
a) Defined by course-side points, at ground level, of white stakes, lines and perimeter fence
b) When the course-side edge of a paved road or curb defines out of bounds, a ball that is
on or beyond the road or curb is out of bounds even though it may lie on another
part of the golf course.
a) When a penalty area is bounded by out of bounds, the edge of the penalty area extends to and coincides with the out of bounds line.
b) When a penalty area coincides with the out of bounds line, Local Rule B-2 is in effect allowing an additional relief option on the opposite side of a red penalty area equidistant to the reference point.
GROUND UNDER REPAIR: Defined by enclosed white lines. Other areas of ground under repair, even when not marked, include:
a) French drains (trenches filled with stones or the like)
SEAMS OF CUT TURF: Model Local Rule F-7 is in effect.In the General Area or on the Putting Green, if the ball lies in or touches a seam of cut turf or a sod seam of cut turf interferes with the area of intended swing, the player may take relief under Rule 16.1. All seams within the area of cut turf area are considered the same seam
OBSTRUCTIONS AND INTEGRAL OBJECTS:
a) When located within hazards; liners in bunkers and artificial walls and pilings are
integral objects unless otherwise provided for in Notice to Players.
b) White lined areas tying into obstructions are part of the obstruction.
c) When closely attached to trees, wrappings, electrical wire, and cables are integral
POWER LINES: “If a ball strikes the power line during play of a hole, the stroke is canceled and the player must play a ball as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was played in accordance with Rule 14.6(Making Next Stroke from Where Previous Stroke Made).”
PRACTICE PUTTING PROHIBITTED: Practice on or near the putting green of the hole last played and rolling a ball on the putting green of the last hole play is prohibited. Penalty for breach is two strokes.
LIST OF CONFORMING DRIVER HEADS:
Local Rule G-1 as prescribed in the Committee Procedures is in effect.
LIST OF CONFORMING GOLF BALLS:
Local Rule G-3 as prescribed in the Committee Procedures is in effect.
PACE OF PLAY:Players should make each stroke in NO MORE THAN 40 seconds.
During suspension of play, once the siren has sounded any participant who plays a shot will be disqualified. All practice areas are closed during suspension for a dangerous situation until the Committee has declared them open. Players who practice on closed practice areas will be asked to cease doing so; failure to comply may result in revocation of entry.
SIGNALS FOR SUSPENSION OF PLAY:
a) Suspension for a dangerous situation: One prolonged siren or air horn blast.
b) All other types of suspension: Three consecutive air horn blast.
c) Resumption of play: Two air horn blasts.
TERMS OF THE COMPETITION
In all HJGT events, an official event may be constituted by reverting to the results of an earlier round. Eighteen holes may constitute an official event.
CLOSE OF COMPETITION:
The competition is deemed to have closed when the winner has been announced, or in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
- Caddies will be allowed to transport the player’s clubs and equipment.
- Caddies will be allowed to search for a player’s golf ball
- Caddies will be allowed to clean a players golf ball
- Caddies will be able to give players advice (Pace of Play Policy will be strictly enforced)
- Caddies will be allowed to transport a player only when shuttle holes have been designated on the Notice to Competitors, during evacuation/restart or back to a previous spot in order play in accordance with Rule 20-5 and then back to where the player was picked up. Penalty for breach of the Transportation Condition is: Two strokes for each hole at which the breach occurred; maximum penalty per round is four strokes.
- 1st Offense = Warning from an HJGT official
- 2nd Offense = Caddie will be removed from the golf course
Item added to cart