Tournament of Champions (Boys 16-18) presented by Radisson Hotels Americas
- Boys 16-19
Looking for a place to stay? Radisson Hotels Americas has you covered. As the official Hotel Partner and Hotel Rewards Partner of the HJGT, we are pleased to offer you exclusive discounted options at our events. See below for Host Hotel details for this event, and don’t forget to sign up for the Radisson Rewards Americas program to save even more! As an added bonus, when you sign up to stay at a Radisson Hotels Americas for this event, you will be eligible to receive one of the following (based on availability): Either a FREE Push Cart Rental, Digital yardage Book Rental, Long Drive Qualifier competition entry, or E-League Entry. To redeem one of these, please email email@example.com with proof of the Radisson reservation, as well which reward you would like.
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Orlando, FL
7701 Universal Boulevard,
Orlando, Florida 32819, United States
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Orlando Airport, FL
5440 Forbes Place,
Orlando, Florida 32812, United States
To book now:
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Orlando, FL will serve as the exclusive host hotel of the HJGT for the Tournament of Champions (Boys 16-18) presented by Radisson Hotels Americas. This hotel is offering tournament participants discounted rates for our event.
To choose the best room option and take advantage of the special discount, CLICK HERE to book now!
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Orlando Airport, FL will serve as the exclusive host hotel of the HJGT for the Tournament of Champions (Boys 16-18) presented by Radisson Hotels Americas. This hotel is offering tournament participants discounted rates for our event.
To choose the best room option and take advantage of the special discount, CLICK HERE to book now!
The 2021 HJGT National Championship is the marquee event of the year and one of the biggest events in junior golf. Players must qualify to gain entry into the event. This event will feature top players from around the world and has 13 years of prior history of strong competition. The event is expected to sell out well before the deadline so we encourage you to sign up as soon as you have qualified. Once the field is full there will be no more additional spots left. Below is how you can qualify for this specific event.
- Players that have placed 1st in any event in the 2020 or 2021 season.
- Players in the Top 5 of the 2020 and 2021 Mid-Season Invitational, any the 2020 and 2021 Regional Invitationals, or the 2020 National Championship.
Traveling to an Event and Want to Pack Light?
Rent a pull cart today and let us bring it for you.
Players will receive BagBoy's EXCLUSIVE Quad XL pushcart for only $39 per weekend.
Once the pushcart has been rented, our operations staff will have it ready for you on the first tee. Carts are rented on a first come first serve basis.
* ONLY 10 Carts Available for each event *
Already registered for the event? Click HERE to rent one today!
*Excluding all California, Arizona, and Connecticut Events*
There will be NO CADDIES ALLOWED for the following National Championship Events:
- Tournament of Champions (Boys 16-18)
- National Championship Boys 16-18 (2nd-5th Places)
- National Championship Boys 16-18 (6th-10th Places)
- Tournament of Champions (Boys 14-15)
- National Championship (Boys 14-15)
- National Championship (Girls 14-18)
- National Championship (Boys 11-13)
- Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS)
- Winners in each division will receive an invitation to the Dec.4-5, 2021 & 2022 Tournament of Champions. Second through Fifth place finishers will receive an invitation to the Dec. 4-5, 2021 & 2022 National Championships.
- Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which includes ALL HJGT Teams and opportunity to meet your division ambassador
- Top 3 in each division will receive an invitation to the 2021 Mid-Season Invitational.
- Global Junior Golf Rankings
The HJGT Spectator Code of Conduct has been instituted to ensure an enjoyable event for each and every individual attending the tournament. All HJGT spectators are required to abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the tour.
ANY SPECTATOR FOUND TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT RUN THE RISK OF BEING IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FROM THE HOST FACILITY AS WELL AS HAVING THEIR PLAYER’S MEMEBERSHIP SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY
- The HJGT will not tolerate poor behavior at the host facility
- All spectators are expected to carry themselves as ladies and gentlemen at all times.
- Any spectator exhibiting negative behavior directed towards other spectators, caddies, players, course staff, or HJGT staff will be subject to IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE HOST FACILITY
- Any spectator found to be disrespecting the host facility in any way, will be subject to IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE HOST FACILITY.
- Any spectator that we find to be swearing, yelling, or exhibiting any kind of disruptive behavior will be subject to IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE HOST FACILITY.
Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco
- The HJGT does not allow the use of any illegal substances.
- Any use of any illegal substances will result in immediate removal of the spectator from the host facility and possible suspension from the HJGT.
- The HJGT does not allow excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Any spectator that appears to be visibly drunk or is behaving belligerently due to alcohol consumption will be removed from the host facility without warning and will face possible suspension.
Code of conduct violation penalties
The HJGT Tournament Committee, based on severity and frequency of the violation(s), may do one or more of the following:
- Issue a warning.
- Remove the spectator from the host facility and ban them for the remainder of the event.
- Depending on the severity of the violation, a spectator is also subject to possible suspension from future events for either a set number of events or indefinitely as well as their players membership being suspended indefinitely.
The HJGT reserves the right to ban a spectator from any/or all events at their discretion, for a serious breach of the HJGT Code of Conduct. A spectator’s violation of this code of conduct is not limited to the current round but may include repeated offenses from tournament to tournament.
Any appeal must be made in writing to the HJGT Tournament Committee at 16349 Phil Ritson Way, Winter Garden, FL 34787. Appeals must be made within two weeks of the occurrence.
Windermere Preparatory School, founded in 2000 is located on a beautiful 48-acre campus in Southwest Orange County. We proudly serve day students in PreK-3 - Grade 12 and boarding students in Grades 7 - 12. Windermere Preparatory School's academic approach is built on complex problem solving and critical thinking while emphasizing intellectual, personal, emotional, and social growth. Our academic program culminates with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme and are proud to be the only private school in Central Florida to have the IB Programme.
While academic achievement is Windermere Preparatory School's highest priority, it is complemented and enriched by a multitude of resources and extracurricular activities, such as fine and performing arts, athletics, clubs, and community service. Through personalized learning and cutting-edge curriculum, committed teachers provide instruction that develops and educates the whole child, both inside and outside of the classroom.
For students interested in full year training in their respective sport including partnerships with local golf academies; MMG Golf Academy and Leadbetter Golf Academy. These partnerships allow student-athletes to train year-round while still receiving a quality education. Windermere Prep has state-of-the-art facilities on campus, individualized college advising with a 100% college acceptance, and collaborations with the Juilliard School, MIT, and UNICEF.
To learn more about Windermere Preparatory School and our Residential Life program, contact us today! Visit www.windermereprep.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 407-905-7737.
Receive 30% OFF ALL BagBoy Products when you use code: HJGT30
HJGT Scorecard Policy
When the HJGT provides mobile scoring devices, players must use these devices for scores to be officially submitted and count towards HJGT rankings and points. When mobile scoring devices are used, no paper scorecards will be used or submitted.
The USGA rules will govern all play. If between the group, a ruling cannot be established and there is no rules official in the vicinity, we ask you play two balls and a ruling will be administered in the scoring tent. Competitors must announce to your marker or fellow competitor that you intend to play two balls and which ball you wish to count if the rules permit. Please do not sign scorecards until a ruling has been made official.
Tie breakers for first place only will be decided by a sudden death 1-hole playoff. The sudden death playoff will continue until we have a champion. If weather or darkness prevents the tour from completing the playoff Co-Champions will be awarded.
Caddies and Pull Carts
Caddies are permitted at Majors ONLY in all age divisions. Pull carts are allowed in all age divisions. See our tournament schedule for events that are identified as Majors. Motorized pull carts are not allowed at any event. Boys 10 and under and Girls 13 and under can use caddies at ALL HJGT events.
Code of Conduct
Conforming Golf Balls and Driver Heads
Please click the link to check the conforming and non-conforming list.
Distance Measuring Devices
The HJGT allows devices that measure distance only. Devices that measure wind and/or slope are not allowed.
The HJGT will offer families discounts that have two or more junior golfers. Participants who register one player at the normal rate will be eligible to register their brother or sister for $50 OFF. In order to receive this discount you MUST call the HJGT office. This rate is not available online and cannot be adjusted once the regular rate has been charged.
Rainouts and Inclement Weather
The HJGT will make every effort to play an event to the conclusion. We will continue play in wet weather and cold weather unless lightning or severe weather is in the near forecast. In the event the participants need to evacuate the course, tournament officials and the host facility will sound an air horn. Once the air horn is blown you must discontinue all play. Wherever your ball lies, please mark it and we will make every effort to continue play. If an event is shortened due to rain there will be no refunds or credits issued.
In the event a stipulated round is canceled due to inclement weather, the HJGT will make every effort to post a score for that particular day. 9 hole increments will be used for shortened rounds. An entire age division must be through at least the same 9 holes for the score to post for that day otherwise no scores will be posted. If a stipulated round is completed by some groups and not others, the round WILL be official for those that finished the appropriate number of holes. No credits or refunds will be issued for shortened events.
In the event that NO golf is played and the ENTIRE event is canceled, HJGT accounts will be credited in full for the event *minus a $50 administration fee. The credit will be in the player’s account to use for entry into a future HJGT event.
Refund/Account Credit/Transfer Policy
The HJGT has a NO refund policy on all Memberships and Event Registrations purchased. The following Account Credit policy has been issued for Event Registrations only. Before withdrawing from a tournament please review our policies. All WD requests must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Your email will be returned within 48 hours. In the email please include the player’s name, reason for WD, and which option below you would like to choose. Please note that WD’s cannot be accepted over the phone and must be in writing. No exceptions will be made for any reason.
- Requests for Account Credit that are received prior to 13 days before the first round will be honored minus a $25 administration fee.
- Requests for Account Credit that are received between 12 – 7 days before the first round will be honored minus 50% of the entry fee.
- A transfer may be requested up until 7 days prior to the first round. Please note that you must transfer your entry fee to a tournament of equal or lesser value or you will be charged the remainder of the balance. Participants are limited to one transfer per calendar year.
- No credits or transfers will be issued if a participant cancels their entry 6 days or less prior to the first round. No exceptions will be made.
HJGT Withdrawal Policy
Due to the rising number of withdraws in junior golf, the HJGT has instituted the following withdrawal policy. Once the player has decided to withdraw he or she must report to the tournament director. If a player fails to report to the tournament staff prior to withdrawing, their WD will be considered unjustified. If a player withdraws during the round for ANY reason he/she must submit a doctor’s note for the withdraw to be considered at JWD. Absolutely no exceptions will be made. The withdraw will be marked as a WD and then when documentation is sent in we will change to a JWD.
Justified Withdrawal The player is obviously ill or has been injured and physically cannot finish the round. The player will receive a WD. Illness or Injury and will be listed next to the players name in the tournament results. Once the tournament director has issued a justified withdrawal, no further action will take place. A player MUST submit a doctor’s note within 72 hours of the withdraw to be considered a JWD. Without documentation the player will remain WD.
Unjustified Withdrawal An unjustified withdrawal is a situation where a player is clearly withdrawing due to poor play or lack of ambition. An unjustified withdrawal also includes withdrawing for any reason without notifying the tournament director. The HJGT takes unjustified withdrawals very seriously and will not be tolerated. An NC (No Card) or NS (No Show) will be issued next to the player’s name in the tournament results based on the situation. Once a player has accumulated two unjustified withdrawals, his or her membership will be suspended for the rest of the calendar year.
Tournament Registration Deadlines
Deadlines to register for all events are 10 days before the 1st round. A lot of HJGT events fill up before the deadline so we always encourage players to register as soon as possible to ensure you get into the field. In the event the field is not full 10 days before the 1st round, the HJGT may allow late addition players after the deadline. This is solely at the discretion of the HJGT staff and the HJGT reserves the right to add any player after the deadline.
The official time will be maintained at the starting tee(s) only.
- All spectators should follow players from a distance (at least 25 yards) and stay in the rough or on the cart paths. Spectators should NOT be in the fairways.
- Always stay to the side of the action and remain calm and quiet.
- Please keep up with your group. Move forward to the putting green when all shots have been completed.
- Spectators must never be on the putting surface and should observe the putting green from a reasonable distance that will not interfere with the competitors.
- Looking for Balls – As a spectator please help spot balls for all participants. This is a practice that helps our pace of play and is highly encouraged by all spectators. Please keep in mind the five minute rule.
Play is governed by the USGA Rules of Golf Booklet, as well as the Decisions on the Rules of Golf. This information supplements the HJGT Local Rules and Conditions of Competition (the hard card), which is fully incorporated herein. Disregard any local rules found on the Club scorecard or posted at the Club. Penalty for breach of a local rule is two strokes, unless otherwise provided.
1. Format: 36 holes of stroke play. (Par 71)
Boys 16-18 and 14-15- Blue HJGT Tees: 6682 Yards
Girls 14-18 and Boys 11-13- White HJGT Tees:-Yards
Girls U13: Pink HJGT Tees:-Yards
Boys U10: Yellow HJGT Tees:-Yards
2. Out of Bounds: Rule 18, Defined by: The inside edge of white stakes, lines (the line itself is out of bounds) and fencing around the course. The inside edge (fairway side) of all public roads define Out of Bounds. The inside edge (fairway side) of all public sidewalks define out of bounds. A ball which crosses a public road defined as out of bounds and comes to rest beyond that road is out of bounds, even though it may lie on another part of the course. On opposite sides of penalty areas, the out of bounds line coincides with the edge of the water.
Hole 5 Black tarp near road is OB
3. Drop Zones: Have been added as an additional option under Rule 17 for a ball that is in or is lost in a penalty area. The dropping zone may be used even though it may be closer to the hole than the point where the ball last crossed the margin of the water hazard.
Holes 6 and 16
4. Scoring: Scorecards, which may be in the form of paper or use of live scoring phones, must be signed, attested, and returned to the official scoring area after player has completed their round. A scorecard has been returned when the player has returned the card to an official in the designated scoring area and the player has left the designated area.
5. Ties: In case of a tie for 1st place in all divisions, a playoff will be immediately following the conclusion of the round as determined by the Committee. In the case of inclement weather the event may be shortened to 18 holes.
6. Unauthorized Transportation: Players must not ride on any form of transportation during a stipulated round unless authorized by the Committee. Unauthorized Transportation will result in a two stroke penalty.
7. Pace of Play: Rule 5.6b - 4:40 - Groups that are out of position and over their allotted time are subject to timing and penalties under 6-7. If a group receives a red card they will have two holes to get back into position or play under time par. If the group can not catch back up or fall into position, they will receive another red card and liable for penalty. If a group makes up time or falls back into position, they will be presented a green card.
8. Distance Measuring Devices & Electronic Devices: The HJGT allows distance measuring devices only. The use of portable communication devices, personal music systems, and the like are prohibited. Any participant found using a device during their round will be disqualified.
9. Rule 20.1c3: (Doubt to a procedure) If a player is a doubtful of his rights or the correct procedure during the play of a hole, he may without penalty, complete the hole with two balls. The player must announce to his competitors he is playing two balls and which ball he intends to score with. They must report all facts to the committee before turning the scorecard in even if the score is the same with both balls. If they fail to do so, the player is disqualified.
10. Replacement of damaged club: Rule 4.1b(4) A club that is broken or significantly damaged during a round, except by abuse, may be replaced with any other club under.
11. Advice: Rule 10.2 Advice is any counsel or suggestion which could influence a player in determining his play, the choice of a club or the method of making a stroke. Any conversation between players or player/spectator, including that in their native language, may be construed as advice. In either instance, penalty for breach of this rule is two strokes. Players are responsible for the actions of their spectators in regards to this rule.
12. Local Rules:
Hole 5 Black tarp is OB, Drop zones on holes 6 and 16
13. Official Staff: Nick Wright (Tournament Director), Jaycie Wegner, Chaz Schultz, Chad Kent, Blake Hoskins, Will Gorsich, and Clint Parsons
Please report to tee at least 10 minutes before your tee time.
Item added to cart