National Championship Boys 16-18 (6th-10th places)
- Boys 16-19
The 2020 HJGT National Championship is the marquee event of the year and one of the biggest events in junior golf. Players must qualify to gain entry into the event. This event will feature top players from around the world and has 12 years of prior history of strong competition. The event is expected to sell out well before the deadline so we encourage you to sign up as soon as you have qualified. Once the field is full there will be no more additional spots left. Below is how you can qualify for this specific event.
-Place 6th-10th in any HJGT event during the 2019 and 2020 seasons
Effective immediately, and until further notice, we will be implementing the following protocols and procedural changes at each event.
- Hand Sanitizer, Disinfectant Wipes, and Rubber Gloves will be provided based on availability.
- All phones/scoring devices will be wiped down prior to and after each round.
- We strongly encourage all flag sticks to remain in the hole at all times. If you need to remove the flagstick, use a glove.
- Players are not to be shuttled or ride in any carts.
- Spectator carts be allowed at the discretion of the course.
*Based on availability
- It is recommended that all range and/or practice facility time be limited to minimize close contact and touching of driving range balls by multiple people.
- Players are to use gloves when handling all bunker rakes. Gloves will be provided at the starters tent.
- Players are not to shake hands at the completion of a round.
- Players will not sign each other’s scorecards upon agreeing on scores. Players will only handle their own scoring device.
- Scoring will be done on the 18th green and no scoring area will be in place.
- Membership gifts and registration gifts will be wiped down before distribution.
- All awards will be wiped down prior to players receiving them.
- All awards ceremonies will be limited to only the players receiving them.
- No tee’s or Kind Bars will be given out at the registration tent.
- No coolers or water will be set up throughout the course, please bring your own water and snacks.
-Players are encouraged to bring a maximum of 1-2 walking spectators per junior and to maintain social distancing of 6 feet while following on the course.
-Juniors/Spectators are not to congregate at any time in any area. 6 feet of social distancing will be enforced.
*During the times of the COVID-19 restrictions, please be advised that our hosted tournaments are properly permitted by local authorities. The rules applicable to players and spectators strictly adhere to all applicable state COVID-19 guidelines in effect where the tournament is played. And the rules for players and spectators strictly adhere to all federal guidelines and all CDC recommendations relating to hosting golf tournament events.
Orange County National Lodge
16301 Phil Ritson Way, Winter Garden, Florida 34787
Traveling to an Event and Want to Pack Light?
Rent a pull cart today and let us bring it for you.
Players will receive BagBoy's EXCLUSIVE Quad XL pushcart for only $39 per weekend.
Once the pushcart has been rented, our operations staff will have it ready for you on the first tee. Carts are rented on a first come first serve basis.
* ONLY 10 Carts Available for each event *
Already registered for the event? Click HERE to rent one today!
*Excluding all California, Arizona, and Connecticut Events*
There will be NO CADDIES ALLOWED for the following National Championship Events:
- Tournament of Champions (Boys 16-18)
- National Championship Boys 16-18 (2nd-5th Places)
- National Championship Boys 16-18 (6th-10th Places)
- Tournament of Champions (Boys 14-15)
- National Championship (Boys 14-15)
- National Championship (Girls 14-18)
- National Championship (Boys 11-13)
The HJGT Spectator Code of Conduct has been instituted to ensure an enjoyable event for each and every individual attending the tournament. All HJGT spectators are required to abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the tour.
ANY SPECTATOR FOUND TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT RUN THE RISK OF BEING IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FROM THE HOST FACILITY AS WELL AS HAVING THEIR PLAYER’S MEMEBERSHIP SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY
- The HJGT will not tolerate poor behavior at the host facility
- All spectators are expected to carry themselves as ladies and gentlemen at all times.
- Any spectator exhibiting negative behavior directed towards other spectators, caddies, players, course staff, or HJGT staff will be subject to IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE HOST FACILITY
- Any spectator found to be disrespecting the host facility in any way, will be subject to IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE HOST FACILITY.
- Any spectator that we find to be swearing, yelling, or exhibiting any kind of disruptive behavior will be subject to IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE HOST FACILITY.
Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco
- The HJGT does not allow the use of any illegal substances.
- Any use of any illegal substances will result in immediate removal of the spectator from the host facility and possible suspension from the HJGT.
- The HJGT does not allow excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Any spectator that appears to be visibly drunk or is behaving belligerently due to alcohol consumption will be removed from the host facility without warning and will face possible suspension.
Code of conduct violation penalties
The HJGT Tournament Committee, based on severity and frequency of the violation(s), may do one or more of the following:
- Issue a warning.
- Remove the spectator from the host facility and ban them for the remainder of the event.
- Depending on the severity of the violation, a spectator is also subject to possible suspension from future events for either a set number of events or indefinitely as well as their players membership being suspended indefinitely.
The HJGT reserves the right to ban a spectator from any/or all events at their discretion, for a serious breach of the HJGT Code of Conduct. A spectator’s violation of this code of conduct is not limited to the current round but may include repeated offenses from tournament to tournament.
Any appeal must be made in writing to the HJGT Tournament Committee at 16349 Phil Ritson Way, Winter Garden, FL 34787. Appeals must be made within two weeks of the occurrence.
Windermere Preparatory School, founded in 2000 is located on a beautiful 48-acre campus in Southwest Orange County. We proudly serve day students in PreK-3 - Grade 12 and boarding students in Grades 7 - 12. Windermere Preparatory School's academic approach is built on complex problem solving and critical thinking while emphasizing intellectual, personal, emotional, and social growth. Our academic program culminates with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme and are proud to be the only private school in Central Florida to have the IB Programme.
While academic achievement is Windermere Preparatory School's highest priority, it is complemented and enriched by a multitude of resources and extracurricular activities, such as fine and performing arts, athletics, clubs, and community service. Through personalized learning and cutting-edge curriculum, committed teachers provide instruction that develops and educates the whole child, both inside and outside of the classroom.
For students interested in full year training in their respective sport including partnerships with local golf academies; MMG Golf Academy and Leadbetter Golf Academy. These partnerships allow student-athletes to train year-round while still receiving a quality education. Windermere Prep has state-of-the-art facilities on campus, individualized college advising with a 100% college acceptance, and collaborations with the Juilliard School, MIT, and UNICEF.
To learn more about Windermere Preparatory School and our Residential Life program, contact us today! Visit www.windermereprep.com, email email@example.com, or call 407-905-7737.
Receive 30% OFF ALL BagBoy Products when you use code: HJGT30
HJGT Scorecard Policy
When the HJGT provides mobile scoring devices, players must use these devices for scores to be officially submitted and count towards HJGT rankings and points. When mobile scoring devices are used, no paper scorecards will be used or submitted.
The USGA rules will govern all play. If between the group, a ruling cannot be established and there is no rules official in the vicinity, we ask you play two balls and a ruling will be administered in the scoring tent. Competitors must announce to your marker or fellow competitor that you intend to play two balls and which ball you wish to count if the rules permit. Please do not sign scorecards until a ruling has been made official.
Tie breakers for first place only will be decided by a sudden death 1-hole playoff. The sudden death playoff will continue until we have a champion. If weather or darkness prevents the tour from completing the playoff Co-Champions will be awarded.
Caddies and Pull Carts
Caddies are permitted at Majors ONLY in all age divisions. Pull carts are allowed in all age divisions. See our tournament schedule for events that are identified as Majors. Motorized pull carts are not allowed at any event. Boys 10 and under and Girls 13 and under can use caddies at ALL HJGT events.
Code of Conduct
Conforming Golf Balls and Driver Heads
Please click the link to check the conforming and non-conforming list.
Distance Measuring Devices
The HJGT allows devices that measure distance only. Devices that measure wind and/or slope are not allowed.
The HJGT will offer families discounts that have two or more junior golfers. Participants who register one player at the normal rate will be eligible to register their brother or sister for $50 OFF. In order to receive this discount you MUST call the HJGT office. This rate is not available online and cannot be adjusted once the regular rate has been charged.
Rainouts and Inclement Weather
The HJGT will make every effort to play an event to the conclusion. We will continue play in wet weather and cold weather unless lightning or severe weather is in the near forecast. In the event the participants need to evacuate the course, tournament officials and the host facility will sound an air horn. Once the air horn is blown you must discontinue all play. Wherever your ball lies, please mark it and we will make every effort to continue play. If an event is shortened due to rain there will be no refunds or credits issued.
In the event a stipulated round is canceled due to inclement weather, the HJGT will make every effort to post a score for that particular day. 9 hole increments will be used for shortened rounds. An entire age division must be through at least the same 9 holes for the score to post for that day otherwise no scores will be posted. If a stipulated round is completed by some groups and not others, the round WILL be official for those that finished the appropriate number of holes. No credits or refunds will be issued for shortened events.
In the event that NO golf is played and the ENTIRE event is canceled, HJGT accounts will be credited in full for the event *minus a $50 administration fee. The credit will be in the player’s account to use for entry into a future HJGT event.
Refund/Account Credit/Transfer Policy
The HJGT has a NO refund policy on all Memberships and Event Registrations purchased. The following Account Credit policy has been issued for Event Registrations only. Before withdrawing from a tournament please review our policies. All WD requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email will be returned within 48 hours. In the email please include the player’s name, reason for WD, and which option below you would like to choose. Please note that WD’s cannot be accepted over the phone and must be in writing. No exceptions will be made for any reason.
- Requests for Account Credit that are received prior to 13 days before the first round will be honored minus a $25 administration fee.
- Requests for Account Credit that are received between 12 – 7 days before the first round will be honored minus 50% of the entry fee.
- A transfer may be requested up until 7 days prior to the first round. Please note that you must transfer your entry fee to a tournament of equal or lesser value or you will be charged the remainder of the balance. Participants are limited to one transfer per calendar year.
- No credits or transfers will be issued if a participant cancels their entry 6 days or less prior to the first round. No exceptions will be made.
HJGT Withdrawal Policy
Due to the rising number of withdraws in junior golf, the HJGT has instituted the following withdrawal policy. Once the player has decided to withdraw he or she must report to the tournament director. If a player fails to report to the tournament staff prior to withdrawing, their WD will be considered unjustified. If a player withdraws during the round for ANY reason he/she must submit a doctor’s note for the withdraw to be considered at JWD. Absolutely no exceptions will be made. The withdraw will be marked as a WD and then when documentation is sent in we will change to a JWD.
Justified Withdrawal The player is obviously ill or has been injured and physically cannot finish the round. The player will receive a WD. Illness or Injury and will be listed next to the players name in the tournament results. Once the tournament director has issued a justified withdrawal, no further action will take place. A player MUST submit a doctor’s note within 72 hours of the withdraw to be considered a JWD. Without documentation the player will remain WD.
Unjustified Withdrawal An unjustified withdrawal is a situation where a player is clearly withdrawing due to poor play or lack of ambition. An unjustified withdrawal also includes withdrawing for any reason without notifying the tournament director. The HJGT takes unjustified withdrawals very seriously and will not be tolerated. An NC (No Card) or NS (No Show) will be issued next to the player’s name in the tournament results based on the situation. Once a player has accumulated two unjustified withdrawals, his or her membership will be suspended for the rest of the calendar year.
Tournament Registration Deadlines
Deadlines to register for all events are 10 days before the 1st round. A lot of HJGT events fill up before the deadline so we always encourage players to register as soon as possible to ensure you get into the field. In the event the field is not full 10 days before the 1st round, the HJGT may allow late addition players after the deadline. This is solely at the discretion of the HJGT staff and the HJGT reserves the right to add any player after the deadline.
The official time will be maintained at the starting tee(s) only.
Tiger Woods Boys 16-18 6-10th National Championship
Practice Rounds- ChampionsGate Country Club
9:30:00 AM Bates, John; Heinlein, Neil; Hamilton, Timmy
10:10:00 AM Muth, Andrew; Reynoso, Riley
10:20:00 AM Hagstrom, Coby; Murdock, Joseph; Williams, Jackson; Ryan, Tyler
10:30:00 AM Boland, Max; Gouvin, Gregory; Sander, Geran
10:40:00 AM Bossie, David; Hirata, Chris; Mellott, Colton
10:50:00 AM Breedlove, Landon; Mehlman, Eric; Whitebird-Griffith, William; McClain, Braiden
11:00:00 AM Burke, Nate; Faust, Cooper; Melton, Hunter
11:10:00 AM Willyard, Cole; Geer, Baylor; Richardson, Miles; Bramlett, Ian
11:20:00 AM McKain, Masen; Villegas, Juan Diego; Beichley, Grant; Heisner, Thomas
11:30:00 AM Alexander, ethan; Wang, Wesley;
11:40:00 AM Ackron, Andreas; Salazar, Tomas; Sager, Samuel; Miller, Alonzo
11:50:00 AM Reese Tyrell; Steffan, Andrew; Thomas, Jack; Blanton, Chase
Tee times will be available between 9:30am - 12:00pm on Friday, December 4th. To reserve a practice round please go to add on's and purchase a practice round. Practice rounds are $60 and WILL NOT be available to be booked through the golf course. Tee times will be released on this webpage and sent out on Monday, November 30th. No requests for groupings or tee times will be taken for tee times.
- All spectators should follow players from a distance (at least 25 yards) and stay in the rough or on the cart paths. Spectators should NOT be in the fairways.
- Always stay to the side of the action and remain calm and quiet.
- Please keep up with your group. Move forward to the putting green when all shots have been completed.
- Spectators must never be on the putting surface and should observe the putting green from a reasonable distance that will not interfere with the competitors.
- Looking for Balls – As a spectator please help spot balls for all participants. This is a practice that helps our pace of play and is highly encouraged by all spectators. Please keep in mind the five minute rule.
- Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS)
- Winners in each division will receive an invitation to the 2019 & 2020 Tournament of Champions. Second through Fifth place finishers will receive an invitation to the 2019 & 2020 National Championships.
- Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which includes ALL HJGT Teams and opportunity to meet your division ambassador
- Top 5 in each division will receive an invitation to the 2020 Mid Season Invitational.
The current Rules of the United States Golf Association and the R&A govern play.
Complete text of Rules may be found in the current “Rules of Golf” and “Committee Procedures.” Disregard Local Rules printed on club scorecards or posted at the course. Unless otherwise noted, the penalty for breach of a Local Rule is:
- Match play -- Loss of hole
- Stroke play -- Two strokes
OUT OF BOUNDS:
a) Defined by course-side points, at ground level, of white stakes, lines and perimeter fence
b) When the course-side edge of a paved road or curb defines out of bounds, a ball that is
on or beyond the road or curb is out of bounds even though it may lie on another
part of the golf course.
a) When a penalty area is bounded by out of bounds, the edge of the penalty area extends to and coincides with the out of bounds line.
b) When a penalty area coincides with the out of bounds line, Local Rule B-2 is in effect allowing an additional relief option on the opposite side of a red penalty area equidistant to the reference point.
GROUND UNDER REPAIR: Defined by enclosed white lines. Other areas of ground under repair, even when not marked, include:
a) French drains (trenches filled with stones or the like)
SEAMS OF CUT TURF: Model Local Rule F-7 is in effect.In the General Area or on the Putting Green, if the ball lies in or touches a seam of cut turf or a sod seam of cut turf interferes with the area of intended swing, the player may take relief under Rule 16.1. All seams within the area of cut turf area are considered the same seam
OBSTRUCTIONS AND INTEGRAL OBJECTS:
a) When located within hazards; liners in bunkers and artificial walls and pilings are
integral objects unless otherwise provided for in Notice to Players.
b) White lined areas tying into obstructions are part of the obstruction.
c) When closely attached to trees, wrappings, electrical wire, and cables are integral
POWER LINES: “If a ball strikes the power line during play of a hole, the stroke is canceled and the player must play a ball as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was played in accordance with Rule 14.6(Making Next Stroke from Where Previous Stroke Made).”
PRACTICE PUTTING PROHIBITTED: Practice on or near the putting green of the hole last played and rolling a ball on the putting green of the last hole play is prohibited. Penalty for breach is two strokes.
LIST OF CONFORMING DRIVER HEADS:
Local Rule G-1 as prescribed in the Committee Procedures is in effect.
LIST OF CONFORMING GOLF BALLS:
Local Rule G-3 as prescribed in the Committee Procedures is in effect.
PACE OF PLAY:Players should make each stroke in NO MORE THAN 40 seconds.
During suspension of play, once the siren has sounded any participant who plays a shot will be disqualified. All practice areas are closed during suspension for a dangerous situation until the Committee has declared them open. Players who practice on closed practice areas will be asked to cease doing so; failure to comply may result in revocation of entry.
SIGNALS FOR SUSPENSION OF PLAY:
a) Suspension for a dangerous situation: One prolonged siren or air horn blast.
b) All other types of suspension: Three consecutive air horn blast.
c) Resumption of play: Two air horn blasts.
TERMS OF THE COMPETITION
In all HJGT events, an official event may be constituted by reverting to the results of an earlier round. Eighteen holes may constitute an official event.
CLOSE OF COMPETITION:
The competition is deemed to have closed when the winner has been announced, or in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
*When you are provided a mobile scoring device, please ensure it is returned in the same condition you received it*
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your Tournament Director
Please report to tee at least 10 minutes before your tee time.
Item added to cart