Elite Series at Wexford Plantation
- Boys 10-19
- Girls 10-19
Host Hotel – Holiday Inn Express Hilton Head Island
Holiday Inn Express Hilton Head Island will serve as the exclusive host hotel of the HJGT and the Elite Series at Wexford Plantation. The hotel is offering tournament participants a rate of $79 per night plus tax. Please reference the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour to obtain this rate when making reservations.
Holiday Inn Express Hilton Head Island
2 Tanglewood Dr, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
*To book rooms directly for the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour group rate, click the link below*
In its first full season, the series will be concentrated in Orlando, Florida and Hilton Head, South Carolina with one open Boys division and one open Girls division.
The purpose of these events is to have junior golfers play on courses that mimic the setup of college golf which furthers the HJGT’s mission to grow the game of golf amongst juniors. Minimum yardages for Boys will be 7,000 yards (or as long as the course plays) while the girls will play 6,000 yards.
“We are extremely excited to add yet another layer of top notch events to the HJGT’s schedule,” said Mario Conte, Executive Director/Founder, HJGT. “These elite events will give our top players a chance to compete against the best competition on golf courses that are setup to mirror what they will see in college golf. With the support from the IJGT, IJGA, and BGGA these events will be successful immediately with some of the top juniors in the world.”
To qualify for these 84 player max field events one must be: in the Top 25% on the HJGT points list (at the time of sign up), in the Top 33% in the Junior Golf Scoreboard Rankings (at the time of sign up), a winner of an HJGT event in the last 365 days, a Top 5 finisher in any HJGT invitational, or a member of the 2018 All-HJGT team. At each event 5 scholarships will be awarded through the Hurricane Foundation based on financial need and playing ability. To apply for the scholarships please visit HJGT.org and visit the “HJGT Charity” webpage.
“With the support of their partner International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT), the Bishops Gate Golf Academy (BGGA) and International Junior Golf Academy (IJGA) are proud to support the newly formed elite series events with their strongest students,” said Andrew Summers, CEO of IJGT, IJGA, and BGGA. Students from these academies won seventy junior golf events, including many high profile national events, and through their participation will ensure that the HJGT elite series events have amongst the strongest fields in junior golf outside of the premier national events.”
The HJGT has also partnered with the Faldo Series and all top finishers from Elite Series events will qualify to play in the Faldo Series Grand finale. The Faldo Series has been around for 22 years and features the top players from around the world.
Elite Series events are invitationals. You must meet the criteria below to be accepted into the event.
-Top 25% on the HJGT points list at the time of sign up
-Top 33% in the Junior Golf Scoreboard Rankings at the time of
-Winner of an HJGT event in the last 365 days
-Top 3 in any HJGT invitational
-Members of the 2018 All HJGT team
-5 wildcard HJGT staff selections per event
-5 scholarship players per event based on financial need and playing ability. Apply through the Hurricane Foundation.
-Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS)
-Top 3 in each division will receive an exemption into the 2019 & 2020 National Championships
-Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which includes ALL HJGT Teams and opportunity to meet division ambassador
-Top 5 in each division will receive an exemption into the 2019 Mid Season Invitational at Sea Island Resort/ Sea Palms Resort June 7-9, 2019
HJGT Scorecard Policy
When the HJGT provides mobile scoring devices, players must use these devices for scores to be officially submitted and count towards HJGT rankings and points. When mobile scoring devices are used, no paper scorecards will be used or submitted. When you are provided a mobile scoring device, please ensure it is returned in the same condition you received it.
The USGA rules will govern all play. If between the group, a ruling cannot be established and there is no rules official in the vicinity, we ask you play two balls and a ruling will be administered in the scoring tent. Competitors must announce to your marker or fellow competitor that you intend to play two balls and which ball you wish to count if the rules permit. Please do not sign scorecards until a ruling has been made official.
Tie breakers for first place only will be decided by a sudden death 1-hole playoff. The sudden death playoff will continue until we have a champion. If weather or darkness prevents the tour from completing the playoff Co-Champions will be awarded.
Caddies and Pull Carts
Caddies are permitted at Majors ONLY in all age divisions. Pull carts are allowed in all age divisions. See our tournament schedule for events that are identified as Majors. Motorized pull carts are not allowed at any event. Boys 10 and under and Girls 13 and under can use caddies at ALL HJGT events.
Code of Conduct
Conforming Golf Balls and Driver Heads
Please click the link to check the conforming and non-conforming list.
Distance Measuring Devices
The HJGT allows devices that measure distance only. Devices that measure wind and/or slope are not allowed.
The HJGT will offer families discounts that have two or more junior golfers. Participants who register one player at the normal rate will be eligible to register their brother or sister for $50 OFF. In order to receive this discount you MUST call the HJGT office. This rate is not available online and cannot be adjusted once the regular rate has been charged.
Rainouts and Inclement Weather
The HJGT will make every effort to play an event to the conclusion. We will continue play in wet weather and cold weather unless lightning or severe weather is in the near forecast. In the event the participants need to evacuate the course, tournament officials and the host facility will sound an air horn. Once the air horn is blown you must discontinue all play. Wherever your ball lies, please mark it and we will make every effort to continue play. If an event is shortened due to rain there will be no refunds or credits issued.
In the event a stipulated round is canceled due to inclement weather, the HJGT will make every effort to post a score for that particular day. 9 hole increments will be used for shortened rounds. An entire age division must be through at least the same 9 holes for the score to post for that day otherwise no scores will be posted. If a stipulated round is completed by some groups and not others, the round WILL be official for those that finished the appropriate number of holes. No credits or refunds will be issued for shortened events.
In the event that NO golf is played and the ENTIRE event is canceled, HJGT accounts will be credited in full for the event *minus a $50 administration fee. The credit will be in the player’s account to use for entry into a future HJGT event.
Refund/Account Credit/Transfer Policy
The HJGT has a NO refund policy on all Memberships and Event Registrations purchased. The following Account Credit policy has been issued for Event Registrations only. Before withdrawing from a tournament please review our policies. All WD requests must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Your email will be returned within 48 hours. In the email please include the player’s name, reason for WD, and which option below you would like to choose. Please note that WD’s cannot be accepted over the phone and must be in writing. No exceptions will be made for any reason.
- Requests for Account Credit that are received prior to 13 days before the first round will be honored minus a $25 administration fee.
- Requests for Account Credit that are received between 12 – 7 days before the first round will be honored minus 50% of the entry fee.
- A transfer may be requested up until 7 days prior to the first round. Please note that you must transfer your entry fee to a tournament of equal or lesser value or you will be charged the remainder of the balance. Participants are limited to one transfer per calendar year.
- No credits or transfers will be issued if a participant cancels their entry 6 days or less prior to the first round. No exceptions will be made.
HJGT Withdrawal Policy
Due to the rising number of withdraws in junior golf, the HJGT has instituted the following withdrawal policy. Once the player has decided to withdraw he or she must report to the tournament director. If a player fails to report to the tournament staff prior to withdrawing, their WD will be considered unjustified. If a player withdraws during the round for ANY reason he/she must submit a doctor’s note for the withdraw to be considered at JWD. Absolutely no exceptions will be made. The withdraw will be marked as a WD and then when documentation is sent in we will change to a JWD.
Justified Withdrawal The player is obviously ill or has been injured and physically cannot finish the round. The player will receive a WD. Illness or Injury and will be listed next to the players name in the tournament results. Once the tournament director has issued a justified withdrawal, no further action will take place. A player MUST submit a doctor’s note within 72 hours of the withdraw to be considered a JWD. Without documentation the player will remain WD.
Unjustified Withdrawal An unjustified withdrawal is a situation where a player is clearly withdrawing due to poor play or lack of ambition. An unjustified withdrawal also includes withdrawing for any reason without notifying the tournament director. The HJGT takes unjustified withdrawals very seriously and will not be tolerated. An NC (No Card) or NS (No Show) will be issued next to the player’s name in the tournament results based on the situation. Once a player has accumulated two unjustified withdrawals, his or her membership will be suspended for the rest of the calendar year.
Tournament Registration Deadlines
Deadlines to register for all events are 10 days before the 1st round. A lot of HJGT events fill up before the deadline so we always encourage players to register as soon as possible to ensure you get into the field. In the event the field is not full 10 days before the 1st round, the HJGT may allow late addition players after the deadline. This is solely at the discretion of the HJGT staff and the HJGT reserves the right to add any player after the deadline.
The official time will be maintained at the starting tee(s) only.
- All spectators should follow players from a distance (at least 25 yards) and stay in the rough or on the cart paths. Spectators should NOT be in the fairways.
- Always stay to the side of the action and remain calm and quiet.
- Please keep up with your group. Move forward to the putting green when all shots have been completed.
- Spectators must never be on the putting surface and should observe the putting green from a reasonable distance that will not interfere with the competitors.
- Looking for Balls – As a spectator please help spot balls for all participants. This is a practice that helps our pace of play and is highly encouraged by all spectators. Please keep in mind the five minute rule.
The current Rules of the United States Golf Association and the R&A govern play.
Complete text of Rules may be found in the current “Rules of Golf” and “Committee Procedures.” Disregard Local Rules printed on club scorecards or posted at the course. Unless otherwise noted, the penalty for breach of a Local Rule is:
- Match play -- Loss of hole
- Stroke play -- Two strokes
OUT OF BOUNDS:
a) Defined by course-side points, at ground level, of white stakes, lines and perimeter fence
b) When the course-side edge of a paved road or curb defines out of bounds, a ball that is
on or beyond the road or curb is out of bounds even though it may lie on another
part of the golf course.
a) When a penalty area is bounded by out of bounds, the edge of the penalty area extends to and coincides with the out of bounds line.
b) When a penalty area coincides with the out of bounds line, Local Rule B-2 is in effect allowing an additional relief option on the opposite side of a red penalty area equidistant to the reference point.
GROUND UNDER REPAIR: Defined by enclosed white lines. Other areas of ground under repair, even when not marked, include:
a) French drains (trenches filled with stones or the like)
SEAMS OF CUT TURF: Model Local Rule F-7 is in effect.In the General Area or on the Putting Green, if the ball lies in or touches a seam of cut turf or a sod seam of cut turf interferes with the area of intended swing, the player may take relief under Rule 16.1. All seams within the area of cut turf area are considered the same seam
OBSTRUCTIONS AND INTEGRAL OBJECTS:
a) When located within hazards; liners in bunkers and artificial walls and pilings are
integral objects unless otherwise provided for in Notice to Players.
b) White lined areas tying into obstructions are part of the obstruction.
c) When closely attached to trees, wrappings, electrical wire, and cables are integral
POWER LINES: “If a ball strikes the power line during play of a hole, the stroke is canceled and the player must play a ball as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was played in accordance with Rule 14.6(Making Next Stroke from Where Previous Stroke Made).”
PRACTICE PUTTING PROHIBITTED: Practice on or near the putting green of the hole last played and rolling a ball on the putting green of the last hole play is prohibited. Penalty for breach is two strokes.
LIST OF CONFORMING DRIVER HEADS:
Local Rule G-1 as prescribed in the Committee Procedures is in effect.
LIST OF CONFORMING GOLF BALLS:
Local Rule G-3 as prescribed in the Committee Procedures is in effect.
PACE OF PLAY:Players should make each stroke in NO MORE THAN 40 seconds.
During suspension of play, once the siren has sounded any participant who plays a shot will be disqualified. All practice areas are closed during suspension for a dangerous situation until the Committee has declared them open. Players who practice on closed practice areas will be asked to cease doing so; failure to comply may result in revocation of entry.
SIGNALS FOR SUSPENSION OF PLAY:
a) Suspension for a dangerous situation: One prolonged siren or air horn blast.
b) All other types of suspension: Three consecutive air horn blast.
c) Resumption of play: Two air horn blasts.
TERMS OF THE COMPETITION
In all HJGT events, an official event may be constituted by reverting to the results of an earlier round. Eighteen holes may constitute an official event.
CLOSE OF COMPETITION:
The competition is deemed to have closed when the winner has been announced, or in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
Play is governed by the current USGA Rules of Golf Booklet, as well as the Decisions on the Rules of Golf. This information supplements the HJGT Hard Card, which is fully incorporated herein. Disregard any local rules found on the Club scorecard or posted at the Club. Penalty for breach of a local rule is two strokes, unless otherwise provided.
1. Format: 36 holes of stroke play. (Par 72)
Boys Open Division: BLUE HJGT TEES 6,891 Yards
Girls Open Divison: WHITE HJGT TEES 5,995 Yards
2. Out of Bounds: defined by the inside edge of white stakes, lines (the line itself is out of bounds) and fence posts. The inside edge (fairway side) of all public roads define Out of Bounds. A ball which crosses a public road defined as out of bounds and comes to rest beyond that road is out of bounds, even though it may lie on another part of the course. The Driving Range is Out of Bounds.
3. Stones in Bunkers: stones or shells in bunkers are deemed to be moveable obstructions.
4. Distance-Measuring Devices: Distance Measuring Devices are permitted. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g., gradient, wind-speed, temperature, etc.), or any breach of Rule 14-3 will result in a 2-stroke penalty (penalty for subsequent breaches of Rule 14-3 will be disqualification).
5. ADVICE (RULE 10.2): Advice is any counsel or suggestion which could influence a player in determining his play, the choice of a club or the method of making a stroke. Any conversation between players or player/spectator, including that in their native language, may be construed as advice. In either instance, penalty for breach of this rule is two strokes. Players are responsible for the actions of their spectators in regards to this rule.
6. Scoring: A scorecard has been returned when the player has left the designated area.
7. Local Rules: Environmentally Sensitive Area is located to the right of hole 5. Players are NOT allowed to enter or play from this area.
8. Ties: In case of a tie for 1st place between boys 16-18, and 14-15 (As well as all) divisions, a playoff will be immediately following the conclusion of the round as determined by the Committee. In the case of inclement weather, the event maybe shortened to 18 holes.
9. Drop Zones:
Hole 5: Short of Pond
Hole 15: Short of Pond
Hole 17: Front Tee Box
Hole 18: Short of last Pond
10. Automotive Transportation: Players must not ride on any form of transportation during a stipulated round unless authorized by the Committee. Unauthorized Transportation will result in a two-stroke penalty. Only a committee member may shuttle a player back to and from where an original ball was played.
9-10, 18-1 and finishing hole to scoring
11. Pace of Play: 4:40 - Refer to HJGT Pace of Play policy
12. Official Rulings: Only HJGT staff members are allowed to give out official rulings.
Logan Gettis: Tournament Director
This is included into the registration fee.
Item added to cart